| About South Hills Church || |
South Hills Church elevates the community within Saturday night and Sunday services, by connecting in small groups apart from just the Saturday and Sunday services and by knowing and serving the needs of the people in their community.
- Community Through SERVICES- South Hills services are creatively designed to introduce people to Christ and to the life of the church through culturally relevant services.
- Connecting Through SMALL GROUPS- Small groups meet on a regular basis and provide individuals with spiritual growth in an environment where they can be known and cared for.
- Contribute Through SERVING- Serving is our expression of obedience and love to God, by investing our time, talents & resources to build His church.
Facts about South Hills Church:
- In 2003, South Hills became one of the youngest Assemblies of God churches to ever purchase land.
- Within its first four years South Hills Church grew so fast that it became the first among the few Assemblies of God churches to explore a multi-site venue.
- In 2006, South Hills was listed as the fastest growing Assemblies of God church in America.
- In 2009, South Hills began the RISK Project, which challenges the congregation to reach out for the needy, those that don't know Christ, and to help equip other churches to do the same.
- In 2009, South Hills founded Celera Group (Celeragroup.org), to help resource other churches and mentor pastors. The website features coaching, mentoring and practical resources and is partnered with pastors such as John Maxwell and Mike Foster.
- Celera Group has been profiled by both CBS News and The Wall Street Journal.
- Starting with only four families, South Hills Church is now a congregation of over 2500 members.
We want you to feel comfortable in our services. They are casual, practical and designed with you in mind. Through contemporary music and relevant message, our hope is that you will be elevated and equipped with tools for everyday life. And through our innovative use of music, drama and multi-media, we take the timeless message of God’s love and creatively relate it to real life.
“South Hills exists to serve by elevating the lives of people in our community. We believe God wants to elevate our lives spiritually, personally and in every area.”
To learn more about what makes our South Hills Church the 'Premier Place for Families', please visit our website at http://southhills.org/